Your Resource for Expat Living in Japan
- Embassy-Recommended MEXT Scholarship Field of Study and Research Program Plan on
- How to Fill In the 2022/2023 Embassy Recommendation MEXT Scholarship Application Form on
- University Recommended MEXT Scholarship Application Frequently Asked Questions on
- How to Apply for the 2021/2022 University-Recommended MEXT Scholarship on
- MEXT Scholarship Application: Letter of Recommendation and Other Required Documents on
Welcome to TranSenz! My name is Travis and I am a bilingual American expat living in Japan. I’ve been an exchange student here and been stationed here with the US military in the past. Now, I’ve moved back permanently and live and work within the constraints of Japanese society. This blog is my place to share my experiences to help other expats integrate into their host community, or at least make the most out of their time in Japan!
In the blog posts, below, you can find all manner of experiences in Japan, but I’ve also collected some of the most relevant and important contact into a series of guides, linked from the pages below. If there’s something about Japan that you want to know but can’t find here, please leave a note in the comments below and I will be happy to add it to the list.